HomeHome  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Horror 2.0

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lock
Turkey Egg
Turkey Egg

PostSubject: Horror 2.0   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi all,

"IT's HERE! - THE PHANTASTIC DOFUS 2.0" ... and similar were the shouts published by Ankama, when they released their pre-ALPHA version of the new game client.

Being online again, I tried installing the thingy under XUbuntu 9.10 (64bit).
URGHS!

1. Installation of the 32bit version of Adobe AIR:
    went ok, so far, but crashed on startup all the time, on an AMD/64 bit.
    Adobe knows about it and suggested to use the 2.0 beta of AIR instead
  2. Inside the Ubuntu forum I found the info, which 32bit libs I needed to
    install in order to get the AIR 2.0 INSTALLED.
  3. DofusInstaller.sh (script) ran ok ... afterwards ...

First start of the new Dofus:

... language selection: US
The game starts with a GERMAN interface No
... login: user/password
The client crashes Rolling Eyes
... analysis of the game's XML-data, copying i18n_en over i18n_de
The game starts ok:

IMPRESSIONS
The characters are quite cute, but lack the uniqueness of the old ones. They are much too similar to each other, which increases during the actual game.
Most of the niceties (special movement style for every class and so on) are gone.
The UI is much less intuitive than the 1.XX one, it takes quite a while to find all the functionality one got used to.
Some functions have been crippeled or just gotten worse, like the chat management, e.g.

The environment is nice, but not as "COOL" as Ankama wanted us to believe it would be.
The monsters need some getting used to, some are funnier (evil dandelion), others are uglier.

First fight:
SHIIIIIT!
The enemies are all running in place, but the client KNOWS their new position without showing it. Try shooting a Gobball that is not in the place it's displayed in...!
The fight is causing massive lagging on a 3GHz Dual core AMD with 4 GiB of RAM, over a 16MBit DSL line!
So much for the "not increasing ressources requirements", Ankama promised...
Sometimes walking is impossible in a fight, even though there's no obstacle ...
Spells don't affect enemies, sometimes, but just happen ...

The Chat:
After figuring out that the channel selection is hidden left of the input line I tried disabling the superfluous channels (trade, team, recruiting...).
It kinda worked, but the bad result was found out when I restarted the client.
All! chat controls were gone, meaning that the input line and the chat options menu had disappeared as well.
No change by restarting the client!
But YAY!, clearing the cache brought back the original state, meaning, the "disabled" channels as well...

Crashes:
The client does some ugly - and silent - crashing, e.g. when a char is trying to level profession by CREATING something in the incarnam workshop...
(It is possible down in Astrub, tho).

My verdict:
Either Ankama is doing a lot of bugfixing (huh? Isn't that usually done BEFORE the release?) or they are going to lose us and a huge number of other customers.

I have been reading the official community forums. There was a poll:
"Will you change to 2.0?"
More than 51% of the partakers voted with "no way!"

Well, another nice game going to crap. Shit.

jocolor THE Lock.

The-gree

PostSubject: dofus 2.0   Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:26 pm

I tied the game graphics are awesome.
Haven't seen a single bot.
Item graphics rock character graphics rock.
Only one thing........................

CRAAASH

I died three times because of my pc that crashed in incarnam dungeon xD

My name on 2.0 is:Epic-Belgium

lol but its probably my pc,btw Im greenone couldnt log in
Back to top Go down
Alligator
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Horror 2.0   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:47 pm

"The horror of them all..."(Hateful - Hardcore Superstar)

Ankama indeed, is losing its coustomers. The neverending fail in fighting hackers and botting, and now THIS piece of excrement.

No pre-concepting, but like Jeremy Clarkson would say - in a way i find very funny: PaLease.
They are looking more and more french - a neverending fail. I once said and repeat, they should sell the game to someone who knows how to administrate. You see, Age of conan, World of warcraft, Aion, D&DO, and many more games, tend to EVOLVE.

This is just wrong, this is just ankama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horror 2.0   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:41 am

Update:

I quit playing on Aermyne, because 95% of the people there were speaking spanish/portuguese ONLY.
Got some chars on Zatoishwan, now.

BTW: It seems as if many of my problems originate from the shitty Adobe crap: AIR on Linux, not from Ankama.
I have been asking lots of people, running Dofus under WIN, they all denied having these problems.

But OTOH it IS - of course - Ankama's fault as well, using this crappy soft (AIR) for a base.
I have filed a bunch of tickets, because the most basic operations (making things in professions, fishing ...) are causing the client to crash.

For the interface and gfx, well, one can get used to it. The chat interface (if and when it works properly - which is an exception) is not THAT bad (tab based system), once you get the hang of it.

What I really hate:
- What the HECK happened to the cool movements, like "sacrier's foot"?
I got THAT angry, finding the sac is just "stamping opn the enmy, like some shitty Crackler, I just deleted the character...

That's it for the update,

king Your Admin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dofus-dnd.forumieren.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Horror 2.0   Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Another update:

For the sake of justice I must admit, that most of the problems on Linux result from - NOT ANKAMA - but the Adobe dullbrains, who, 4 years after the introduction of 64 bit computers still are incapable of harnessing the power of those machines, but deliver 32bit apps, instead, even on their LATEST products, like AIR (2.0 beta).
I have proof that it is not the ankama client, but the shitty AIR implementation, that does all the nonense, including the crashes.

HOW?
I logged all the errors and messages from everything I could grab on. And it IS Adobe AIR, that gets all them faults.

Here is what I did:
I installed VirtualBox, set up an XP32bit virtual machine and installed 2.0 there. And:
"believe it or not", it works ok. No immovable creatures, no problems doing professions and so on.

Of course there ARE lots of bugs, but none of them annoying ones I had.

king Your Admin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dofus-dnd.forumieren.com
Lock
Turkey Egg
Turkey Egg

PostSubject: Re: Horror 2.0   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 pm

The-gree wrote:
... Haven't seen a single bot.

You may now. Not farming (fighting EACH mob on the map) YET, but the public and PM spamming things are already there and you cannot get rid of them, because it is much more complicated to turn off a chat channel, than it's been on 1.XX.

Go on, Ankama spoil the game a bit more!

jocolor THE Lock.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horror 2.0   

Back to top Go down

Horror 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dungeons and Dragoturkeys :: Dits and Dats :: Brabblemouth Inn-
Jump to: